My name is Bernie McCarthy. I offer a professional, confidential counselling service in County Kerry. I am a fully accredited member of IACP - The Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. The IACP identifies, develops and maintains professional standards of excellence in counselling and psychotherapy through education, training and accreditation.
I began my career as a nurse and after living abroad I moved back to Killarney and trained as a counsellor/psychotherapist. I have extensive experience working with teenagers and adults for over 20 years. I take part in training and workshops on an ongoing basis.
I designed and delivered the SAY IT Awareness Programme with Kerry Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre. I have worked with participants in schools, college, and youth groups for over 10 years.
My aim is to provide a safe space for people to work through thoughts and feelings, and an opportunity to look at changes they may wish to make.
- MIACP Member Irish Association Of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- RPN Registered Psychiatric Nurse
- UCC Higher Diploma Counselling
- NCED Diploma Practitioner Skills for Eating Disorders
- ASIST Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- RT Reality Therapy Certified
- RCNI Member Rape Crisis Network Ireland
- Post Grad Diploma Supervision & Reflective Practice
"The seed of suffering in you may be strong, but don't wait until you have no more suffering before allowing yourself to be happy"
Thich Nhat Hanh, Heart of Buddha's Teaching